April 8th 2017 -- September 4th 2017
Rescued from Illegal Breeding Operation at private residence --- California City, CA
Wally came from what turned out to be a backyard breeding operation in California City, CA. Two women, who gave us an alias name and told us a fabricated story about how they were getting evicted, said their 9 dogs would be taken to a shelter by the Sheriff's department that was evicting them.
The red flags were going off, especially since the house did not even look like anyone was packing up and getting ready to move. The dogs were all outdoors, living in a dirt yard that had feces everywhere. (it smelled so bad, as soon as we stepped outside, the disgusting odor hit us)... Continue reading the rest of the story here (with Video)
What we know about Wally so far:
- He is incredibly sweet and gentle!
- He is approx 3-4 years old?
- Currently working on leash training in foster home.
- Great with other dogs and is VERY active. No couch potatoes here!
- Super playful: loves toys, balls, tug-toys and is good playing with kids (who have doggy manners)
- He prefers wet food to dry kibble and a simple blanket to a dog bed
- He is very quiet: doesn't bark (even when the doorbell rings).
- He has received a dental and a neuter surgery. Please help us with the cost of this surgery by donating below!
We rely 100% on all of our support in the form of small donations. We run on $5 donations and volunteers! Please consider donating just $5 so we can get on top of our mounting medical bills taking in 9 dogs on one day!
We always need foster homes to house our dogs because we do not have a facility. Our dogs stay in boarding until we can find a foster home or a forever home. If you are interested in being an essential part of our rescue, please click below for more information: