April 8th 2017 -- July 8th 2017
Illegal Breeding Operation--- California City, CA
Well we did it, we took in nine cocker spaniels yesterday from what turned out to be a backyard breeding operation in California City, CA. Two women, who gave us an alias name and told us a fabricated story about how they were getting evicted, said their dogs would be taken to a shelter by the Sheriff's department that was evicting them.
The red flags were going off, especially since the house did not even look like anyone was packing up and getting ready to move. The dogs were all outdoors, living in a dirt yard that had feces everywhere. (it smelled so bad, as soon as we stepped outside, the disgusting odor hit us)... Continue reading the rest of the story here (with Video)
What we know about Hunter so far:
- He is very out-going, energetic and friendly!
- Loves to fetch! But also loves to just sit close to you and chill.
- Great in the car!
- Could be 7 years?
- Does not chew OR get into the garbage! :))))
- Very quiet and does not bark unnessesarily.
- Very well mannered when the humans are eating.
- Hunter is a good sport during bath time and is very patient.
- Suffered though ear infections his entire life due to neglect from previous owners.
- Received a single-ear ablation surgery Please help us with the cost of this surgery by donating below!
We rely 100% on all of our support in the form of small donations. We run on $5 donations and volunteers! Please consider donating just $5 so we can get on top of our mounting medical bills taking in 9 dogs on one day!
We always need foster homes to house our dogs because we do not have a facility. Our dogs stay in boarding until we can find a foster home or a forever home. If you are interested in being an essential part of our rescue, please click below for more information: