April 8th 2017--- present
Illegal Breeding Operation --- California City, CA
Well we did it, we took in nine cocker spaniels yesterday from what turned out to be a backyard breeding operation in California City, CA. Two women, who gave us an alias name and told us a fabricated story about how they were getting evicted, said their dogs would be taken to a shelter by the Sheriff's department that was evicting them.
The red flags were going off, especially since the house did not even look like anyone was packing up and getting ready to move. The dogs were all outdoors, living in a dirt yard that had feces everywhere. (it smelled so bad, as soon as we stepped outside, the disgusting odor hit us)..... Continue reading the rest of the story here (with video)
What we know about Daisy so far:
- She is approx 6-7 years old
- She is a Double-Merle Cocker
- She is quite timid and shy at first but bonds quickly.
- Loves to be held. but she is VERY SHY with people approaching her.
- Needs to have ongoing training with certified trainer to overcome some shyness.
- She is very petite-- about the size of a cat.
- She is spayed and received a dental.
We rely 100% on all of our support in the form of small donations. We run on $5 donations and volunteers! Please consider donating just $5 so we can get ontop of our mounting medical bills taking in 9 dogs on one day!
We always need foster homes to house our dogs because we do not have a facility. Our dogs stay in boarding until we can find a foster home or a forever home. If you are interested in being an essential part of our rescue, please click FOSTER for more information: