April 8th 2017-- Adopted June 10th 2017----- Returned April 2018
ADOPTED A SECOND TIME -- AUGUST 2018!
Rescued from an Illegal Breeding Operation in Mojave, CA
- About 6 years old!
- A complete sweetheart!
- friendly and energetic - does fine without a yard if she gets regular walks
- Doesn't bark much! Quiet- great for apartments!
- Completely House Trained!
- very well mannered while we are eating - does not beg!
- Great with Kids! Great in the Car!
- Takes a Bath like a Champ!
- Great with other dogs, learns from their behavior too.
- Loves Day Care!
- Slightly hearing impaired. Learning hand signals for Sit, Lay Down, and High-5!
- Doesn't pull on the leash! Great on walkies!
- Doesn't much enjoy stranger dogs that don't respect her personal space.
****************Below is McKenna's Story as it unfolded in April of 2017********
Well we did it, we took in nine cocker spaniels yesterday from what turned out to be a backyard breeding operation in California City, CA. Two women, who gave us an alias name and told us a fabricated story about how they were getting evicted, said their dogs would be taken to a shelter by the Sheriff's department that was evicting them.
The red flags were going off, especially since the house did not even look like anyone was packing up and getting ready to move. The dogs were all outdoors, living in a dirt yard that had feces everywhere. (it smelled so bad, as soon as we stepped outside, the disgusting odor hit us).... Continue reading the rest of the story here (with video)
We rely 100% on all of our support in the form of small donations. We run on $5 donations and volunteers! Please consider donating just $5 so we can get on top of our mounting medical bills taking in 9 dogs on one day!
A HUGE thank you to Lifeline4Paws for helping us and donating towards the costs of McKenna's multiple surgeries!